symbolizes the protection by our Lord.
refers to the love and sacrifice of Jesus Christ for mankind.
symbolizes our university which imparts knowledge.
stands for wisdom and knowledge.
stands for words of wisdom.
symbolizes human growth which co-exists with nature.
stands for success of the graduates with professional and ethical qualities.
is the motto of the institution, which comes from the teachings of Jesus who loves everyone, and therefore we should love and serve one another.
refers to the year in which the university was authorized to be founded.
symbolize the eternal peace and prosperity of the University.
Nearly two hundred years ago the first group of American Protestant missionaries arrived in Thailand. They began their ministries by establishing educational and medical institutions for Siamese people in those days as expressions of their love, faith and hope in God.
The Foundation of the Church of Christ in Thailand established “Christian College” on September 7, 1983 under the quality monitoring of Ministry of University Affairs which authorized Christian College to offer the first bachelor’s degree program in Nursing Science. The college was temporarily located in the Bradley Building of Bangkok Christian Hospital in the heart of the financial district on Silom Road, Bangkok. In order to expand and become a full-fledged institute, the college purchased 176 rai (about 70 acres) of farmland near Don Yaihom Village which is 10 miles south of Nakhon Pathom City and 35 miles west of Bangkok. The construction of four main buildings began in 1995 and the college was relocated on the new campus in 1996. Later HRH the Crown Princess Sirindhorn graciously presided over the formal opening of the new campus and the unveiling of the nameplate of the classroom building named in her honor on June 6, 1997.
In recognition of the growth and stature of Christian College, the Ministry of University Affairs re-chartered the status of the college to become “Christian University” on August 15, 2001. HRH the Crown Princess Sirindhorn revisited to preside over the formal unveiling of the new “Christian University” sign and dedicated an arboretum in her honor on June 28, 2002.
Christian University of Thailand produces international qualified graduates with high ethical and moral standards in generating values to organizations, community and society with innovation and ecological system for enhancing competitive advantages of the organization and the country.
The Philosophy of Christian University of Thailand
Christian University of Thailand (CUT) is under The Foundation of the Church of Christ in Thailand which is a non-profit organization aiming to express love, beliefs, and faith in God who teach all humans to love and serve each other for the balance, security, prosperity, and sustainability of life towards peace for all mankind. Christian University of Thailand believes in “Active Learning” which include learning that is purposeful, generative, mindful, and result-based according to international standards and quality; and believes in producing academic works, conducting creative and innovative research, and providing creative and innovative academic services for targeted communities and society. CUT promotes participation in restoration, preservation, inheritance, development, and dissemination of arts and culture through promoting and creating local wisdom as a basic for developing usability and coexistence of natural resources and environment beneficently, properly, and equitably, based on “The Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy” and “Corporate Governance” and CUT’s motto, “Being a Health Promotion University.” Christian University of Thailand graduates demonstrate “Love and Service Excellence” based on Christian ethical and moral principles. Our graduates hold effective Thai and English communication skills and are able to use digital technology efficiently. They have academic skill, professional skill, and creative/innovative research skill. Our graduates are cultivated to be responsible, disciplined, and skillful in lifelong self-directed learning in the 21st century based on knowledge, creativity, and Thai local wisdom. They hold ecological-concerned management competency; entrepreneurship/ self-employment competency, and are conscious of Service Excellence and holistic well-being. Our graduates live sufficiency life, and uphold the nation, religion, and the Royal Thai monarchy in becoming valuable global citizen and enhancing competitive advantages of our organization and the nation in the global community.
Christian University of Thailand is committed:
1) To provide undergraduate and graduate education with “Love and Service Excellence” using active learning strategies such as
1. purposeful learning that emphasizes applying knowledge to create new innovations,
2. generative learning that emphasizes creative thinking for new knowledge,
3. mindful learning that emphasizes public spirit and social responsibility,
4. result-based learning with international standard based on “The Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy”, “Corporate Governance” and “Being Health Promotion University”.
2) To provide innovative teaching and learning opportunities to produce graduates who are academically and professionally competent, are lifelong, self-directed 21st Century learners, combine Thai local wisdom and modern learning skill to better understand knowledge and creativity, produce and use digital technology effectively and effectively, manage according to corporate governance, ecological concern, and entrepreneurial/self-employment competencies.
3) To produce graduates from all levels and programs who can communicate effectively in Thai and English. Bachelor’s degree graduates are required to communication in a second regional Asian language.
4) To produce graduates who practice ethics and morality according to Christian doctrines, hold essential skills for 21st century learning, are responsible and disciplined, have a public spirit, and value holistic well-being Graduates live sufficiency life and uphold the nation, religious and the Royal Thai monarchy. They are good global citizens under the democracy system with a potential to participate in the sustainable development of economy and society and enhance values and competitive advantages of our organization and the country in the global communities.
5) To be a source of creative and innovative research study to produce innovation through learning exchange, creating, publication, and authenticating research works/creative works/innovation and academic works and the application of the research results/creative works/innovation and academic works for the benefits of community and society.
6)To provide creative and innovative academic services to targeted community, organization and society that integrate active learning and research with the development of students and alumni in order to create the sustainable development of targeted communities, organizations, and society.
7) To be a source of co-learning with the surrounding communities of the university concerning the restoration, preservation, inheritance, development, and dissemination of arts and culture by promoting and creating local wisdom as the foundation of developing arts and culture body of knowledge along with restoring, preserving, and developing the usability and coexistence of natural resources and environment beneficently, properly and equitably through the integration of active learning /conducting research/providing academic services to targeted communities, organizations, and society.